While there are many ways to become a lawful permanent resident (Green Card holder), one of the most common is through marriage to a U.S. citizen. The process of obtaining a green card through this method is called adjustment of status.

How do I write my husband status?

In order for a foreign national to qualify to apply for an adjustment of status after marriage, they must meet several conditions. First, they must be in valid immigration status – this means that they entered the United States lawfully and have not overstayed their visas. Overstaying a visa is a serious crime that could result in deportation and would make you inadmissible to the United States.

Secondly, they must have a qualifying family relationship with the U.S. citizen or green card holder they are marrying to. Finally, they must have a strong case that their marriage is based on love and not solely for immigration benefits. If there are any red flags, USCIS will look at the case closely and may deny the application.

It is important to know that the length of time it takes for a person to adjust their status after marriage depends on their specific situation. The best way to find out what the estimated processing times are for your particular case is to contact an experienced immigration attorney. An attorney will be able to review your documents, help you determine your eligibility and guide you through the entire process. In addition, an attorney can assist you with any issues that might arise during the processing of your case.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *